The Arbitration Academy is designed to provide advanced courses in arbitration law to students, government officials and practitioners who have already a general knowledge of arbitration law.
The 2023 session of the Arbitration Academy will run from the 10th of July up to the 28th of July.
Applications for the 2023 Session are now open.
Your application is considered received once an automatic confirmation has been sent to you by email.
Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision regarding their application by mid-May. The Selection Committee will base its decision on academic criteria and on the documents submitted along with the application.
Upon receipt of the notification, applicants are encouraged to begin their visa application process immediately, as the deadline to register to the Arbitration Academy is June 10, 2023 (a candidate who has been accepted by the Selection Committee, and who has paid his registration fees or who has been granted a scholarship, is considered as registered to the 2023 Session Arbitration Academy).
Who can apply?
- Students: a person who can prove his/her affiliation to a higher education Institution during at least the first semester of the current year is considered a student.
- Professionals: a person engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation is considered a professional.
- Government officials: a person who is involved in public administration or government, through either election, appointment, selection, or employment is considered a Government official.
Students: EUR 900 (for applicants affiliated with a university – Scholarships will be available to students).
Government officials/international Organizations: EUR 900.
Practitioners: EUR 2,700.
Please compress your files before submitting them.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A personal statement explaining your interest in the program (1-2 pages, typewritten, in English);
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts (accompanied by a translation in English or in French if necessary);
- If you are a Student: a proof of enrolment from your university in 2023;
- If you are a Government official: a document certifying your current affiliation;
- A color picture, in JPG format with a resolution of 110 KB minimum.
Scholarships are available only for students and are valued at EUR 2,000 (from which the tuition fee of EUR 900 will be deducted). Travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
Scholarships will cover the Academy’s tuition and/or accommodation and will be available to applicants who demonstrate a need for financial aid. Selection criteria will also include academic excellence and extra-curricular activities.
Students applying for a scholarship must provide the following additional documents:
- a statement explaining the reasons for the request, 1-2 pages, typewritten, in English (this statement is different from the personal statement required for the application);
- a letter of recommendation (in English or French);
- a copy of an official identity document with a photograph;
- any other documents justifying the need and/or suitability for a scholarship at the applicant’s discretion (e.g. recommendation from a professor/employer, tax assessment…).
Decisions on scholarships will be made by the Selection Committee and are independent of the decision on the candidate’s admission to the Academy. Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision regarding their scholarship application by the end of May, 2023.
Participants admitted to the 2023 Arbitration Academy will be expected to attend all courses, seminars, and workshops. If a participant is absent from three or more courses without acceptable justification they will be precluded from receiving a certificate of participation at the end of the Session.
Applicants admitted to the program consent to have their photograph posted on the Academy’s website. In addition, all participants in the Academy’s 2023 session consent to have photos or videos taken during the course of the program published on the Academy’s website.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org